Vocational Education and Training (VET) has become an important link for students making the transition from school to working life. Upon successful completion of a VET program, students are awarded a nationally-accredited vocational training certificate. A VET qualification carries directly into further education and training at a tertiary level – for example, Certificate III in Music Industry provides students with the foundation skills for a Diploma of Music.
VET prepares students for the workforce by:
- Providing the opportunity to trial a career
- Allowing the development of effective links with industry employers
- Improving relevant skills for employment
- Enhancing knowledge of employer expectations and real working conditions
- Developing capacity for cooperation, teamwork and leadership
- Assisting the transition from school to workforce
- VET programs contribute directly to the ATAR score, or as a fifth or sixth subject
VET increases a student’s learning potential by:
- Broadening their VCE/VCAL options
- Developing their capacity in decision-making and problem-solving
- Matching their interests and career aspirations with strong educational pathways
PARTNERSHIPS WITH COLLARTS
We have been working with schools across Australia for more than 20 years, providing high-quality Vocational Education Training (VET).
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and work with schools and training organisations to deliver VET Music programs.
These VET Music programs are a great way for schools and training organisations to offer practical music learning for students.
The delivery of VET qualifications must be done through an RTO (Registered Training Organisation).
If your school isn’t an RTO, Collarts can assist in implementing programs through an auspicing arrangement where Collarts acts as your RTO, as well as providing support, training resources, professional development and student workshops.
If your school is already an RTO, Collarts can supply training resources, professional development and student workshops to support your VET Music programs.
Find out more by reading through the further information on this webpage, or contact us.
EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP REGISTRATION
Certificates and statements of attainment
On completion of the requirements defined in the CUA Creative Arts and Culture Training Package, an RTO may issue a nationally recognised AQF qualification. A Statement of Attainment is issued by an RTO when an individual has completed one or more units of competency from nationally recognised qualifications or courses.
If you require replacement of a lost or damaged certificate, please fill out the Certificate or Statement of Attainment reissue form below. The re-issuance fee for an individual certificate or statement is $40 (includes GST) and upfront payment is required. Where multiple certificates or statements are requested (e.g. an entire class) the fee is capped at $100 (includes GST).
If you require assistance or more information about the most appropriate courses to offer at your school, email our VET Compliance Manager
Collarts offer a range of professional development sessions to assist teachers and trainers with their industry currency and ongoing learning, with a focus on improving the delivery of VET music programs. These sessions are delivered at Collarts’ South Melbourne and/or Fitzroy campuses.
Our professional development session topics include:
- Music performance, creativity, industry knowledge and technology
- Audio (live and recorded)
- Guest presenters and industry experts
- Practical hands-on workshops
- Innovative teaching materials and content
Upcoming Professional Development sessions:
2017/18 PD program coming soon.
Student Workshops at Collarts
Student workshops provide an opportunity for students to get hands-on music-industry experience with our equipment, facilities and staff. The days are designed for VCE and VET students and can be customised to meet the needs of individual teachers and schools.
We offer workshops across these areas:
- Live Performance (with recording)
- Live Sound
- Studio & Mac Lab (Pro Tools, Logic X &/or Ableton Live)
Collarts’ workshops are:
- led by experienced music-industry professionals
- suitable for Year 10, 11 and 12 students and work best with a group size of 10–25 students
The indicative cost for the workshops is $15 per student but it may be more or less depending on student numbers and what you would like covered.
Choose a time below to book in your student workshop at Collarts:
RESOURCES & DOCUMENTS
Effective teaching needs to be engaging, flexible, practical and enjoyable. Collarts’ online teaching and training platform provides online materials, which allow students to research and learn away from the classroom. This means more time in the classroom for face-to-face contact and interaction.
Collarts also supports teachers through a flexible suite of resources and assessment tools. Teachers decide how much content they use and can blend our resources with other training tools if desired.
Teaching resources include:
- Course notes and guides
- Student activities
- A range of assessment tasks
- Instructional learning videos
- Guest presenter videos
- Links to complementary resources
To arrange a demonstration or to trial the online resource, email our email our VET Compliance Manager.
RTO FORMS AND POLICIES