REGISTER TO DOWNLOAD A COURSE GUIDE
MUSIC PRODUCTION OVERVIEW
The Bachelor of Arts (Music Production) combines performance, technology, composition, audio and industry skills to deliver a multifaceted music education. Whether you are an experienced producer, songwriter, DJ, performer, composer or engineer, or just starting out, this course provides you with comprehensive practical skills and knowledge.
You will be trained and mentored by industry experts who are currently working as music producers, audio professionals, recording artists and music creators, as well as learning from artist managers, studio engineers, and live sound technicians. You will master a variety of software applications and be mentored in small class sizes, undertaking fundamental units in audio recording, digital audio workstations, music performance, digital and electronic instruments, music technology and music business management. Students also gain a well-rounded understanding of the music production industry in Australia and overseas.
The Diploma of Arts (Music Production) provides you with a fundamental understanding of music production, as well as an overview of the music industry and how to thrive within it. The Diploma can be completed in two trimesters of full-time study and you have the opportunity to progress into the Bachelor Degree (subject to academic performance).
Throughout the Diploma, you will:
- Develop skills in studio recording, mix engineering, synthesis, sound design, arrangement and songwriting
- Create professional quality music
- Work with technology to enhance songwriting, recording and performance
- Collaborate with musicians, audio professionals and entertainment managers
- Develop specialist recording and post-production skills
- Explore new and emerging music and audio technologies
This qualification is recognised in the Australian Qualifications Framework and accredited until 2023 (CRICOS Code 095135K).
For admission criteria click here.
The Bachelor of Arts (Music Production) develops your understanding of the business and management side of the music and entertainment industries. You will build your practical mastery and theoretical understanding of music production techniques, including studio recording, mix engineering, song arrangement, sound design, synthesis and songwriting, while developing a strong portfolio of work that will demonstrate experience in these fields. The Degree can be completed in six trimesters (two years) of full-time study.
Throughout the degree, you will:
- Gain comprehensive knowledge about Music Production
- Learn practical skills in software applications; Ableton Live, Logic X and Protools
- Collaborate and perform live with technology
- Explore new and emerging music production techniques and technologies
- Master studio recording techniques
- Enhance your songwriting, recording and performance skills
- Create a portfolio of music with artistic direction
- Work with our experienced industry experts
- Learn business and entrepreneurial skills for the music industry
- Undertake a 60-hour work placement
This qualification is recognised in the Australian Qualifications Framework and accredited until 2023 (CRICOS Code 095133A).
For admission criteria click here.
Collarts Music Production is an associate and partner with the following software, using the programs throughout the duration of the course:
MEET OUR GRADUATES
WHAT YOU’LL BE STUDYING